Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Still Waiting...

For our referral.  It has been almost two months since we learned that we are #2 on the wait list. It's getting harder to be patient to be honest.  With all the delays and changes to the Congo program we have considered switching countries and have even considered siblings to move things along. With each discussion and prayer it comes back to waiting for God to send us the perfect child.   I keep telling myself that we were told we would have a referral in less than three months, but in reality adoptive parents wait much longer for a referral. In all likelihood we will not have a referral before the end of the year, and then it will still be another six months before we travel.   I must learn patience.

While we wait there is so much going on at home that I shouldn't have time to think of our adoption. School is a major time-consumer each day, then there are always appointments when you have five kids, doctors, counselors, piano lessons, sports, etc.  But there has been another issue for the last two months--my health. About six weeks ago I began having weird symptoms like dizziness, seeing spots,   Numbness and confusion. I have undergone a plethora of tests to no avail. My MRIs have shown some spots on my brain, but no active swelling. Blood tests have all been normal--except for a slightly low thyroid level. A spinal tap revealed two diseases--neither of which have produced typical symptoms for those diseases, but nothing of major concern. I have another MRI coming up soon and an appointment with a rheumatologist and endocrinologist to rule out Lupus, thyroid disease, Sjogren's Syndrome and whatever else the medical community can think of. Of course now that I have lots of appointments, my symptoms are improving. Whatever is wrong will likely take a while to diagnose.   Yet I have true peace that God's got it all under control and I will be fine.

That's the update for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment